Monday, March 26, 2012

Fun, Inspirational, Trendy - Artist Jane Foster

This is the first of a new series of short editorials about artists and their fun, inspirational and trendy work.

Artist Jane Foster started her handmade business as she wanted to have a career change from teaching to spend time with her daughter. She loves creating designs to then print onto fabric which is then made into something, whether it be a toy or cushion. She does everything from home. She gets inspired by Scandinavian designs from the 60s and 70s, such as early Marimekko or the ceramic designs of Marianne Westmann." My style is bold, happy and hopefully fun! My images are mostly flowers and animals - I've been lucky to have been spotted by a few companies who I then sold the license to use and publish my work. These were The Art Group and Clothkits, both of whom I still work for."


"My tip to other artists would be - it's important to always produce work you like yourself without trying to guess at what might sell or what others might like!"


In the future, she'd love to design fabric and home wares for Ikea and Marimekko, such as mugs, trays, storage jars, and so on. Jane has also a great Etsy store!


1 comment:

Kate Harper said...

These are great dolls!